In a week where Ed Sheeran not only dominated the charts, headline slots and internet chatter, you’d be forgiven for missing these little nuggets of event industry news:
- As reported over last weekend and early in the week, the UK government look set to accept all the Waterson reports recommendations, including unlimited fines for the use of ticket bots.
- Shameless plug alert! Ticket Arena’s new app has launched on iOS, read more.
- Watch out Live Nation, the world’s biggest retailer Alibaba and Youku (China’s version of You Tube) are launching an artist management operation.
- A full report of everything that was discussed at ILMC29 has gone live on the conference’s website.
- If rumours in the Financial Times are to be believed, then ‘windowing’ might be a cause for concern among Spotify users without a subscription.
- Snuck out towards the end of 2016, the UK Government has created an event management apprenticeship programme, find out more about the scheme which is due to launch in May.
That’s it for this week, tune-in again next Friday for another news roundup.