Once a week we’ll be rounding up the articles we think have the most interesting developments in the events and ticketing technology industries. We hope you find it useful:
- Ever heard of BitCoins? Well the technology behind the virtual currency crates a digital chain of custody for online items and potentially e-tickets tickets. IQ magazine looks at four ways that the technology might disrupt the industry.
- Music charity Youth Music has hit its 100 show target for Give A Gig Week.
- The PM, Teressa May had some strong warnings for ticket touts and resale sites last week and understandably our pals at the Fanfair Alliance are ‘heartened’ by the focus from the government.
- Elsewhere from the government, rises in commercial property rates could force vulnerable grassroots venues to close.
- It was, of course, ILMC29 this week and in its opening, invite only, conference the potential affect of streaming services on the live touring business was discussed in detail.
- Planning on tuning into the charts this Friday? Unless you’re a fan of Ed Sheeran, you might as well not bother as midweek figures show that he’s on course to have 16 songs in the top 40.
That’s it for this week, look in again next Friday for another roundup.