Current Opening: Business Development Manager (Amsterdam)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced sales professional to join our expanding and highly skilled team. You will be responsible for identifying and researching new business opportunities and sectors to continue to drive the expansion of Ticket Arena and grow our broad inventory of festivals, events, clubs, gigs and venues across the Netherlands. You will be expected to manage and report-on an active sales plan and event pipeline, with the confidence to commercialise leads and new business.
Driven to exceed targets, you will have a proven track record in delivering sales, with exceptional commercial negotiation skills, and be looking for your next career challenge. Ideally you will have an extensive knowledge of the Dutch & European live events industry, whether from a club nights, festivals and gigs background. Your impressive communication skills, experience of account management and building client relationships is vital. You’ll be confident in working autonomously, presenting to key decision makers and able to manage and prioritise multiple work-streams and accounts simultaneously.
You will need to be an open-minded and highly creative thinker, who thrives on seeking out the next big opportunity and you must have a proven history of delivering results consistently. Overall it’s not just about qualifications; our business is exciting and very fast paced. We rely on dynamic and creative people to drive our success and hard work is rewarded with an excellent package and benefits. You will be based in Amsterdam but travelling across the Holland and Europe as required, predominantly Monday to Friday.
- To maximise ticket sales through the development of new business opportunities with a specific focus on identifying & securing new external agency ticketing contracts, in line with annual growth targets, developing a solid sales plan.
- To build good working relationships with existing clients and explore new or enhanced opportunities with existing accounts to maximise new business.
- To input into the sales & marketing strategies of Ticket Arena, to ensure alignment with the continued growth of inventory and client expectations.
- Making high quality, well qualified appointments based on the sales plan.
- Sourcing new leads for cold calling, researching and following up.
- Negotiating and closing deals through prospect/client presentations and meetings.
- Providing timely and detailed hand-over to the operational teams.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven Business to Business (B2B) experience (minimum 3 years)
- Fluent in English & Dutch.
- Driven and self-motivated sales professional with a proven track record of successfully winning new business and building relationships with clients.
- Skilled in identifying new markets and opportunities to generate new leads and an understanding of the full sales lifecycle.
- Strong relationship builder and assertive style, good facilitation and influencing skills.
- Commercial flair with sound financial analysis.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise an often conflicting workload.
- Experience with producing tenders, sales presentations and presenting to senior management.
- Strategic acumen, be someone who can think ‘outside the box’ and see bigger picture as well as the detail.
- Resilient and tenacious; Be confident and charismatic; Calm under pressure.
- Computer literate – Microsoft and Apple preferred.
- Relaxed and contemporary environment
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Mac Laptop
- Mobile Phone
- We’re fun and sociable (drinks, dinners, Free events etc)
- And more depending on experience
Based on experience